LOUISE DYER AWARDS 2013
The trustees of the Musica Britannica Trust are pleased to announce that Louise Dyer awards for 2013 have been made to:
|Majella Boland||University College, Dublin|
|Edward Breen||King's College, London|
|James Burke||University of Oxford|
|Ronnie Gibson||University of Aberdeen|
LOUISE DYER AWARDS 2014
The trustees welcome applications for the Louise Dyer awards, the purpose of which is to assist postgraduate students researching British music. Applications for the 2014 awards will be invited in the autumn of 2013.
- The awards will be made by the trustees on the advice of the Editorial Committee of Musica Britannica.
- An individual award may be for any amount not normally exceeding £1000.
- The trustees reserve the right to make, in any one year, more than one award or none at all.
- Applicants must be full-time or part-time students at a university or equivalent institution of higher education, registered for a higher degree by research. Preference will normally be given to those working for a doctorate.
- The applicant’s programme of study must be wholly or mainly concerned with British music.
- There is no age limit.
- Awards may be made for any necessary research expenditure for which the applicant has no alternative source of funds, such as the purchase of books, music, or microfilms, or essential travel. They are not available for computer equipment, ordinary maintenance, course fees, or conference expenses.
- Awards will not be made retrospectively for expenditure already incurred.
- Application for an award must be made on the form that may be downloaded from this page or requested from the Secretary at the address given below.
- The applicant’s director of graduate studies or supervisor should be asked to provide a confidential reference (to be sent separately) giving a brief appraisal of the candidate, of the costings, and of the merit of the application.
- Applications and confidential references should be sent to the Secretary, at the postal address given below, to arrive no later than 14 December 2013. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials, including references, are submitted by the closing date.